Mattervault Radiation Shielding
INNOVATIVE RADIATION SHIELDING CONSTRUCTION
Radiation shielding is a critical service for those working in the medical and industrial fields. Matter Fabs constructs both traditional and new, innovative radiation shielding vaults of the highest quality to protect staff, patients, clients, and the public from harmful radiation exposure. We are a global company serving clients around the world.
ORIGINAL RADIATION SHIELDING SOLUTIONS
At Matter Fabs, we offer traditional radiation shielding that has protected people for many years, but we have also invented a groundbreaking product: the patent-pending MatterVault™, available as a modular kit or built by our team. The MatterVault addresses improvements desperately needed in the radiation shielding industry. Our engineers identified the problems with traditional radiation room construction and used that knowledge to develop a faster and more cost-effective better solution.
TRADITIONAL RADIATION ROOMS VS. OUR SOLUTION
- Traditional rooms are more costly and time-consuming to build than the MatterVault.
- Typical radiation shielding construction results in permanent structures with a larger environmental footprint. The MatterVault is less invasive to build and ideal for projects with space constraints.
- Some communities can’t afford the financial investment traditional rooms require, leading to a lack of cancer treatment centers in areas where they are desperately needed. We can ship our modular kits anywhere for installation by your licensed contractor.
- The expense of traditional radiation rooms means industries often can’t afford the added expense of on-site Non-Destructive Testing and must outsource it. Our radiation vault gives you an affordable, on-site solution for NDT.
- Traditional radiation rooms are often unattainable for facilities on a tight budget. Matter Fabs offers leasing options to make radiation shielding more accessible for medical and industrial users.
Explore the MatterVault
- The MatterVault is manufactured from strong materials engineered for side loads and stiffening structures that anchor the walls, meeting or exceeding the requirements for enclosing different types of shielding media. It’s a fully customizable x-ray and radiation treatment room made with the right materials for your shielding needs.
- The MatterVault is more cost-effective and faster to build than traditional radiation shielding
- Our product has many temporary uses. For example, it can be used as a temporary radiation treatment room while a new medical office is being built.
- Our product is 90% reusable and can be easily relocated, essentially making it mobile.
- It is so eco-friendly that it also allows for Leed points overseas.
- The MatterVault is expandable to higher energy levels.
- Its lighter-weight and smaller footprint equates to reduced material costs and freight costs to the building site.
- The economical MatterVault makes it possible for industries to do Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) of parts during a production process without outsourcing and shipping the products elsewhere.
MATTERVAULT APPLICATIONS & INDUSTRIES
- Radiation therapy for medical facilities and veterinary clinics.
- Produced or manufactured parts that require internal inspection of the material for defects (engines, armor, castings, welds, high-pressure tanks and pipes).
- High-priority parts in aerospace including NASA (turbine parts, welds, castings, blades).
- Airports, seaports, and land ports of entry (mainly for cargo container inspections).
- Product sterilization (hospital and foods).
- Take control of the entire project from start to finish.
- Better control of the overall timing of the project. You will not have to deal with various vendors.
- Removes any finger pointing between different vendors when issues arise.
- Less paperwork and money-following for the customer.
- In most cases, it also saves the customer money.
- If needs come up after the project is finished, the customer only has to call one vendor.
- See our process, FAQs, and additional services pages for more info.
THE MATTERVAULT RADIATION WASTE STORAGE SYSTEM
LLRW (low level radiation waste) & HLRW (high level radiation waste) is a general term for a wide range of items that have become contaminated with radioactive material or have become radioactive through exposure to radiation. Hospitals, medical institutions, industrial, aerospace, educational, research, private or government laboratories and nuclear fuel facilities all generate LLRW & HLRW as part of their daily use of radioactive materials. LLRW is typically stored onsite by licensees, either until it has decayed away and can be disposed of as ordinary trash or transported to a larger disposal site.
This LLRW & HLRW accumulates in large quantities and having a safe containment facility on site for these materials becomes a big issue worldwide. Our engineers utilize the MatterVault system to solve this problem.
The MatterVault can be constructed quickly next to any facility and provides the proper shielding in the walls to contain a large quantity of LLRW & HLRW safely and very cost effectively. The MatterVault is also a great solution for a temporary facility for large-scale short-term use and can removed and reused in a different location. The MatterVault can safely contain LLRW and HLRW at any location for a short term or long-term storage solution for up to 50+ years. Call (844) 216-2746 for more information and to also ask about our Leasing Program.
Whether you need a traditional radiation shielding room or the innovative circular MatterVault, Matter Fabs stands ready to assist you in your construction process. We’re the radiation shielding contractors that can do it all from start to finish, anywhere in the world. Learn more about our company and team of companies. Call (844) 216-2746 or request your consultation now.
Check out our blog to learn more about radiation shielding and different uses for MatterVault radiation rooms.